Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The IMac floor lamp...




Almost  a year ago, I found an Imac G4 that somebody was trashing.


I was tempted by making a desk lamp, but since somebody already made it, it took the challenge away. Few days ago I decided to think again on how to use this piece of art, and this is it. The arc lamp revisited as a Marc Lamp :-) this mix between the Mac and the Arc lamp was fairly simple because I already have the base of the lamp at home. It comes from target Home collection.
The shade fits perfectly, the opening needs to be around 1.5 inch and it's exactly what apple did, how convenient !!!
It's a fairly easy upcycling and a cool looking floor lamp. The only tricky part is to find the right tools to unscrew all the unconventional screws used by Apple.


The light diffuse perfectly through the white plastic


Apple famous icons

The lamp is perfect for reading and it also diffuses the light really well to brighten our room
An easy upcycling with a result I really like!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am definitely going share this with a few of my friends. Very cool information.
    koglenlampe.dk

    ReplyDelete